During this July 2021 Covid support payment update
Some updates for you:
1. Support for individuals
The COVID-19 Disaster Payment has been extended to residents of South Australia and Victoria.
The payment will be:
- $600 per week to individuals that have lost 20 hours or more of work during the lockdown period, or
- $375 per week to individuals that have lost between 8 and 20 hours of work during the lockdown period.
There will be no liquid assets test applied to receive these payments.
To be eligible:
- you can’t attend work and have lost income because of COVID-19 restrictions
- you can’t access appropriate paid leave entitlements from your employer
- you’re not receiving an income support payment, a state or territory pandemic payment, Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment or state small business payment for the same period.
2. Business support COVID-19 Business Support Grant: July 2021 https://www.treasury.sa.gov.au/Growing-South-Australia/COVID-19
Grants of $3000 for employing businesses and $1000 for non-employing businesses are available for businesses whose turnover has declined by at least 30 per cent because of the COVID‑19 health restrictions that began in the week commencing 20 July 2021.
To be eligible, a business must meet all the stated criteria at the start of the restriction period of 12:01am Tuesday 20 July 2021.
Official grant guidelines and an application portal will be made available shortly.
ONLY GST REGISTERED BUSINESSES CAN APPLY – NO GRANT IF NOT GST REGISTRERED
To be eligible:
$3,000 grant a business must meet all criteria listed below, at the start of the restriction period of 12:01am Tuesday 20 July 2021:
- Be located within South Australia.
- Have an annual turnover of $75,000 or more in 2020-21 or 2019-20, and be registered for GST.
- Have a valid and active ABN (Australian Business Number).
- Must employ people in South Australia.
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $10 million in the 2019-20 financial year.
- Experienced at least a 30 per cent reduction in turnover in the week of Tuesday 20 July 2021 – Monday 26 July 2021 (inclusive) (compared to the prior week) due to restricted trading conditions.
the application link valid until 30/9/21
If you do not meet the business criteria, you may be able to claim as an individual as above.
Applications for the Business Support Grant must be submitted by 11:59pm, 30 September 2021.
We recommend you register your interest in support payments to get the updates relevant to your circumstances.
If you need our assistance please let us know, please note we cannot set up mygovids for you though.