Plan using your time
Plan using your time
- Sometimes using time effectively can be a really overwhelming process. Balancing effectiveness with using your time is critical to the business owner. Here are some ways to maximize the ways you are using your time effectively.
- Minimize wasting time by travelling too much. Even if you have to travel a lot for your work. Make sure you are using the time as effectively as you can. Perhaps you can consider making phone calls while you travel, or learning more while on the run with your audiobooks playing.
- Minimize your wasted time on emails or those distractions from e-mails. Consider reducing e-mail notifications, get rid of e-mail accounts that are no longer currently used or those only used other than for useless spam, unsubscribe from unnecessary e-mails. Teach people to handle common e-mail requests for you.
- Have some time for meditation as it is proven to help you be more effective and successful.
- Have a schedule. Getting Good at scheduling your time, will make you get more done and without it you will not apply time to anything constructively.
- Look at the top priorities. And are you doing these enough? If not schedule them into your diary.
- Do the 80 20% rule. The best 20% of the time is where 80% of the returns are. In other words, spend more time where you get the best results.
- Have blocks of time allocated to certain types of activity. This can save you time by reducing transition time to change into different types of work. An example might be you have on certain equipment on or are using a certain software so you can do a task quicker by doing it multiple times at once rather than getting ready for it on many singular times.
- Have an idea of what your ideal working week is and what you should be doing with it. You can even allocate certain types of activities cheering the week to make your ideal week. An example could be achieved to some training some selling and some chargeable work and you allocate these on the different days of the week.
- Use an electronic diary, consider the recurring tasks or delegating tasks to improve your planned use of time. Also have a list of things to do, this will make you do the list of work faster.
- Do the hard things which will get you much more results first. Do not let the hard decisions or conversations be procrastinated in lieu of doing easier things.
- Leave some spare time for on the run issues to mop up and sweep up any additional problems.
- Make sure you’re spending a lot of time on important activity which improves your use of time in the long run such as improving systems, business strategy, training and selling.
- Make sure you review your systems often, review your use of time to see if you can delegate and outsource more optimally.