Reducing Your Medicare Levy
In some circumstances, you may be able to reduce your Medicare Levy and hence pay less tax.
Certain examples which you may need to consider include:
• where you have a low family income which may entitle you to a Medicare levy reduction
• some certain medical conditions e.g. being blind
• if you received the sickness benefit from Centrelink
• if you receive free medical treatment in the defence forces
• if you’re a foreign resident
• you’re not entitled to Medicare and not an Australian citizen
• if you do not have hospital cover, and you are a high-income earner you may pay additional Medicare levy called Medicare Levy surcharge.
For advice in your personal circumstance to minimize your Medicare levy call or book in for a tax return appointment with experience taxation consultants which can minimize your Medicare levy. Call us now on 833744602 booking your tax return appointment.